jacob_lee

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys.

I'm fairly new to this forum, and also to living a pedestrians life :P . When I joined, it was in hopes of finding some inside information to LFS's in the city and to network with fellow reefers within manhattan. It's disappointing that there are only 3-4 to choose from, and they're all out of they way!

I soon realized that MR consists of members that live mostly in the tri-state, or upstate area, so I'm giving a shout here. :P

Are any Frag meets ever held in manhattan? Is there a manhattan group? I've recently started a 34g reef tank (not much to look at right now) and am constantly looking for opportunities to pick up softies or LPS's.

I've been to New World, and I have to agree with the reviews. Nice selection, but highly overpriced.

I really can't control myself in reef stores, so I ended up dropping about 3 bills while I was there, but most likely wouldn't go back again.

So...Where do you guys (those living in manhattan) go, suggest I go?

I'm checking out the one on 98th and broadway this weekend, and will most likely check out fish town in queens sometime soon.

cybermeez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
I'm checking out the one on 98th and broadway this weekend, and will most likely check out fish town in queens sometime soon.

Tell the guys at Petqua (owners Sam and Ed) that Robin says "Hi!" It's a small shop so they don't have a huge selection, but the flip side to that is that their tanks are never over crowded and the livestock they have is generally healthy. They also truly care about the animals in their charge, including corals. Very decent guys.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Visit our For Sale/For Trade forum. That's where most coral transactions take place. Our frag meets are held twice a year (Spring/Fall) with the occasional meet in between.

jacob_lee

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Deanos. I'm sure they'll be a notice about that one, but I was hoping that there was a manhattan "chapter" as well.

None of my friends are into reefing, so it's kind of hard to get them to give me a ride to meet strange new fish/reef crazed people..hahaha..not that you guys are strange... :)

The one friend I have with a fish tank has a 10g FW with goldfish in it, and he really doesn't care to convert it. It's pretty frustrating to watch.

I thought I saw a fish store midtown somewhere....anyone know of one?

autoponicz