• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like many others, I lost power for several days -- only to return home and see my reef tank completely totaled. I'm in the process of cleaning it out now and getting rid of all the dead fish and coral -- and have a question concerning the live rock.

I have about 100lbs of live rock in the tank. Is it ok to keep that? Or did that "die" as well, and needs to be tossed/replaced?

One other question, if the live rock needs to be replaced and I get aleady cured live rock to replace it -- how soon can I put new corals and fish in the tank?

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm a new reefer -- and this has thrown me for a loop.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
i dont know how much alive your existing live rock is gonna be after this but if you had new live rock with new water i would give it a few weeks to balance out and check parameters when your starting over also feed the tank in the meanwhile.

Last edited:

Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
you may have more alive than you kow keep the rock and coral do water changes to get the levels down and keep you fingers crossed see what come back!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: