fireshark02

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Hey everyone, I was looking to add some blue leds to my T5 lights. I read a couple of reviews about the reefbrite leds and xho leds. From what I read the regular blue leds doesn't make to much of a difference when your normal lights are on but the xho makes a noticeable difference when your regular lights are on. Does anybody have each one or agrees with this because there a big difference in price. Thanks!

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
adam (poland spring) has the regular reef brite on his 90 with a 6 bulb ati, when he takes the reef brite off it makes a noticeable difference, id only imagine the xho would be more but depends on how much money you wanna spend

fishman77

Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I have t5's with the regular reefbrites and I notice more blue when they are on. The reefbrites give an awesome look when they are only on and make corals pop in color.

Thavngr98

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I have an ATI 6 bulb and a XHO reefbrite. My XHO runs with 4 blue + when my other 2 Special purple and coral plus come on I turn it off as I don't see any visual difference. Then it comes back on when the 2 go off again. Now I have only had the XHO for about 2 weeks. I have no idea if it plays into growth, but just from a visual prespective I turn it off. Hope that helps....

budddman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
See if you can find an older model still for sale somewhere and im pretty sure you can(try saltwattercritters.com) or find one used for sale. Infact i got the older model brand new for xmas so im sure there still around.

And in my opinion the definatly make a difference visually.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Reefs

fireshark02

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
@buddman, yea I'm trying to find a used but I will look around for the older model. I already talked to russ and if I can't find one with a week or so I will be ordering from him.

@ziggy, thanks for the offer! I would definitely stop by and check it out if you didn't live so far away. Everybody seems to like the regular reefbrite and says it makes a difference so I'm convinced. Thanks again

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: