peteyboyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Okay, so I picked up this unit with a float switch kit from another member here on MR. Went great, I thought it was a used unit, turns out its brand new...YAY FOR MEEE!
So I go and mount everything all nice and neat on a board...AWESOME!
Went online and found a PDF owners manual...Another AWESOME!
I read through the owners manual several times figuring I'll get a better understanding of how to program this thing...NOT!
I usually have a pretty good understanding of things I read. Now, I feel like a fifth-grader trying to understand quantum mechanics.
All I want the unit to do is:
Turn my lights ON and OFF
Read TEMP and pH
Control my HEATERS
Control ATO
Sounds really simple and I'm clueless.
Anyone have experience with Reefkeepers that has the patience to walk me through this? Thanks.

peteyboyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I used to have a reef keeper Elite. First question is the head unit powered up?

Yeah, it powers up. I just don't understand how to set it to do the things listed above. Start Time On...Start Time Duration...Off Duration...
Calibrating the probes seems FAIRLY easy, I can do that later...I just can't figure out the rest. Lol.

My LED fixtures aren't dimmable, so I just need them to turn on/off. Blues first at noon, whites on at 1pm, whites off at 5pm, blues off at 8.

I have Koralia powerheads so I don't wanna deal with reverse startups and the noise, so they won't be controlled by the RK.

I want the RK to control my heaters.

And, I want it to control my ATO. (I have the DA float switch kit)

peteyboyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
So I've got the unit running. It's controlling my lights and heaters for now.
I have one problem, one of the channel lights on one of the PC4's went out. It was on yesterday, woke up this morning and it was off. The channel is still on though, just no light to show that it's on. Just my luck.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: