Hey guys, so I've been considering switching out my return pump to cut back on some electricity since my system already takes enough as it is. I was considering the Barracuda/Hammerhead Gold but it's not all that much of a difference from the Regular Hammerhead that I already have.

I've been considering the smaller model, the Snapper/Dart Gold instead but I'm am unsure of whether or not it will be able to handle my system the same way as my Hammerhead considering all the plumbing I have for my system. Below is a picture of the manifold which is probably all the plumbing there is.

attachment.php

Model Flow Rates MaxHead Watts
Snapper/Dart 2,300/4,300gph 12 ft 94/169

Barracuda/
Hammerhead 4,300/5,500 ph 22 ft 227/272

allenjj

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help

I have a hammerhead gold and the folks at Reeflo are very good about calculating head pressure if you provide them with information about your piping. They calculated my head pressure and flow rate when I was considering downsizing. Turns out with a manifold, where I don't need other pumps, the hammer gold is the right for me with my sump 10 feet below the tank in the basement. I would send a pre-purchase email to the Reeflo folks and ask for their advice. My experience is they are great.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: