gholtmeyer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I am spending 7 days over Christmas in Puerto Rico. I want to go snorkeling. Are there any good spots in PR? We are going to be a bout 45 minutes from San Juan, not sure of the name of the town off the top of my head. Suggestions? This will be my first time snorkeling and seeing a reef up close.

Wolverine57

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.4%
246   4   0
Ok, so I am spending 7 days over Christmas in Puerto Rico. I want to go snorkeling. Are there any good spots in PR? We are going to be a bout 45 minutes from San Juan, not sure of the name of the town off the top of my head. Suggestions? This will be my first time snorkeling and seeing a reef up close.
Right in San Juan you vcan go snorkeling, but I prefer Isla Verde! Enjoy!

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Vieques , just don't pick up any shells :wink1:

really though Vieques is great.

also if you like a to hike. La Mina falls is worth every step.

Last edited:

gholtmeyer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, thanks for the info and links! Great stuff. Now, my next question. What kind of camera for underwater pics? Can you get good underwater pics? Most seem to be all shades of green. I have a good Canon camera that I am going to take with me. I heard that they make plastic boxes to put your camera in and that they ware water safe. Not sure how I feel about that. Do they make disposable underwater cameras? If so, any good?

Frank@Wall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Yes to both. They make plastic boxes for them but Im not sure if I eanna trust to put my $1000 SLR in it. Last summer I went to dive in La Romana and used a disposable. We went down to 25-30 feet and the pics were pretty good considering I paid $10 per camera.

Sent from my LG G2X using Reefs

cowfish

Psycho-ologist
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
You can get UW housings for older digital cameras. I used a 5mp canon with a housing ($20 camera, $260 housing) and took some decent pics. I also used a strobe, but if you're just snorkeling you should be fine without it.

xclusive252

55 gal salt water
Rating - 97.6%
124   3   0
I highly recommend that you try and get a video camera opposed to a still shot. I have been diving a few years now and its alot better and you get the whole time in the water on tape. Just my opinion. GL

Sent from my MB860 using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: