alienz

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
All,

I was hoping some fellow reefers who have gone through purchasing their first home and/or having kids could weigh in on where I'm at right now having just purchased our first house and hoping to start a family soon.

I know every situation is different, but given what you know would you suggest taking a break from reefing during the home buying/moving process?

Any words of wisdom are highly appreciated!

-Paul

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
When we moved two years ago,

I moved the fish tank last. I put everthing into buckets and managable stuff to carry and had 50 percent new water at the new home waiting.

I discarded 50 percent of the water and kept 50 and re set up the tank.

I did it after we moved all the other stuff in.

The other thing is are you going to have to do work at the new house.

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
We just bought our home last June - remember the first year is always the hardest (most repairs, upgrading things, getting used to new bills (my god paying for oil is the stuff of nightmares!!) and etc happen during this time) ...im glad we started our tank almost a year to date of moving in since we already got involved with 3 major renovations and had 2 emergency fixes all $$$ ...

We also have 3 kids so if i were in your shoes i would take a break until fully settled and comfortable in the new home unfortuantely if you have a tank running already maybe easier said than done ...

FYI there is and will always be things you want to do in your house (project wise) and once your in youll understand how addicting that becomes esp since most things only add value to your investment !!

Last edited:

alienz

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks for the feedback. If I can find a good home for my aquatic friends I think I might lean towards taking a break. I have a feeling Chris5 is right, house projects do seem like they'll be addicting.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: