Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I wanted to start building some of my aquascaping but wanted to know what I could use to keep my rock work solid. I know that I could use Thorite but I cannot seem to find it for sale anywhere. Is there anything else around or have anyone used or has a method that works well with them?

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
GARF make their man made live rock using Portland Cement, which is kind of reef safe depending on how much you use - too much and it will need to be cured while the excess lime leaches out of it. Just another option to think about

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Yea portland cement? wanted to design my creations lock them on to a eggcreate then drop them into the tank. ny experience with putty it breaks off easily looking to cement maybe a hundred pounds of live rock together with carvings all over

masala007

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thorite is available at Home Depot, ACE hardware. When you call them they usually say they've never heard of it as usual, but tell them its in the plumbing department and they'll find it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: