NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
99% once they are laying sideways on the sand they are dead, does it have any redness to it or spots on the body ? even in a 180g system 30 fish is alot especially if your not getting proper export, what skimmer are you using ? and regals are a hard fish to keep, make pick eat here and there but unless it truelly is a agressive eater they last a month or so in system then die

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Good luck with that regal, Im sure if you do as Reef said he should survive.
?? what did "Reef" suggest?
I can't help you out as far as your regal is concerned ...

If that fails to improve him try medical treatment if possible.
?? what medical treatment?

99% once they are laying sideways on the sand they are dead, ...
but unless it truly is an aggressive eater they last a month or so in system then die
+1...Regals, Potters and others seem to be fine, and then suddenly, they're NOT!

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Agreed that the prognosis for this fish is dim. I also agree that Regals are odd and delicate and sometimes just go for no obvious reason. I don't think your nitrates have anything to do with it. While your levels are high and I would work to bring them down, nitrate poisoning ( which I've never actually heard of) wouldn't only affect one fish.

mic_1011

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
i made new water last night. put him in with an air stone and heater. he didn't survive the night. but all other fish seem fine. eating and active. the only one i don't see is my juvi coris wrasse. im using an asm g3 skimmer. and when i was using cupramine, my pods were still very much alive as well as my hermits. my mandarin has been in the tank for months through all this and is fat and healthy. and i still see pods active in my refuge at night. i also have a deep sand bed in my refuge that remains undisturbed.

mic_1011

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
and as an update i tested my nitrates again this morning. they're at 80. i also did add some seachem denitrate to a tlf reactor last night. not sure if that did anything that fast or my eyes were just playing tricks on me with the lighting in my kitchen

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
asm g3 skimmer << way under sized skimmer for that size of tank and amount of fish, yeah yeah i know what it says it is rated for but i wouldnt use that skimmer on anything over a 75g tank

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: