NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Ill Have A Gen-x Submersible For $20 In A Week, Running It On My 50g Breeder, It's Dead Silent, Going With A External Pump So I Can Run Chiller And A Few Other Thing's On One Pump. Think It's The 4100 Or The 2600 Version, Only A Few Months Old, Got From Hof

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You could use a 1250. Wes ran (runs?) a 1250 on his 58 gallon and was very happy with it. I ran a 1262 on my 58 and was very happy with it.

(Both eheim)

yes i used a 1250 on my 65g and was happy with it. I now use an external pressure rated pump because i am pushing the return through a chiller and a penductor.

if i didnt get halides and a chiller, i would probably still be using it.

grundig5

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
See ocean runners...used them for years. Just as quiet as Eheim, less expensive, and most importantly less wattage for more water movement than Eheim.

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
yes i used a 1250 on my 65g and was happy with it. I now use an external pressure rated pump because i am pushing the return through a chiller and a penductor.

if i didnt get halides and a chiller, i would probably still be using it.

Get out of here! A penducter on a 65! How do you like it? You're BB I assume. Which pump are you using?

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Get out of here! A penducter on a 65! How do you like it? You're BB I assume. Which pump are you using?

yes BB for flow reasons. I like the penductor, im not maxing it out for the full eduction effect but it's definitely sucking in water and making more flow. i estimate I am about 100x turnover in the display with the penductor and tunzes. i wanted enough flow for top to bottom sps, I can basically grow sps anywhere in the tank. The problem i am having now is finding a good spot for the aussie acans i picked up at the swap. It don't think they like getting blown around much.

I am using the Gorman Rupp Industries (GRI) pump. I cant remember the model number but it's the smaller (900 gph) model. Its very quiet and strong, i love it.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: