Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Anyone have any experience with this coral?

As of yesterday Aqua Hut had three or four of them, though with a price tag as high as it is, over $200 yet still under market value/retail from what I've seen online.. I'd like to gain some insight from others before taking such a plunge in the pocket.

I know that they need to be fed but that's about it. hmmm. Gorgeous corals though, very unique looking.

Input? Experience? Opinions?

Pinkheine

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I'd say care requirements similar if not identical to "common" dendrophyllias.

Ahh okay. How often do most spot feed their dendros? I never did own a dendros at all because well.. I am not keen on spot feeding daily. I spot feed but it is infrequently, about once a week. Though most of my corals catch the food when I feed the fish because I tend to get a bit crazy with the amount I put in the tank. lol

I'd hate to spend the money and fail. Not only that they are said to be a rare specimen and are just so darn pretty I'd feel terrible if I wasn't able to keep it thriving.

R

reefman204

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Hey I saw you yesterday at SCFR. I spot feed my Dendros , Sun coral, And Duncan's every other day.

Pinkheine

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Hey I saw you yesterday at SCFR. I spot feed my Dendros , Sun coral, And Duncan's every other day.

Wait were you that wierdo in the parking lot :tongue1: j/k!! We did our typical around town Sunday drive from LFS to LFS.

Thanks, that is too much spot feeding for me. I'm lucky if I remember to spot feed once a week. I don't like putting my arms/hands in the tank. So I guess this is a coral that just isn't for me. They are really pretty though and I guess that they are better than having a bunch of mouths to feed because there is just one. It's just the frequency of how often they will need feeding that keeps me from thinking it's not such a good idea.

DontXtripNfall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
S- if its the arm thing thats bothering you, I know a glass blower that made me a 24" syringe/turkeybaster out of pyrex, very convinent for blowing mysis or putting a small piece of silverside in.

R

reefman204

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
LOL.....Hows the corals you picked up. I was at Aqua-hut and saw them as well, the price is good for them but not for me I have to many corals to hand feed.

Pinkheine

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
S- if its the arm thing thats bothering you, I know a glass blower that made me a 24" syringe/turkeybaster out of pyrex, very convinent for blowing mysis or putting a small piece of silverside in.

Can you PM me with the information on that. :) That is awesome!! I have to get up the courage to spot feed... lol I hate sticking my arms in the tank.

The corals we picked up yesterday in our travels are all doing well. Later in the week I'm going to get some pics and post them in the tank thread. I realized this weekend I think I'm out of space. Had trouble fitting the five or six things we picked up yesterday.. :(

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: