Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
You can actually feed them to make them grow faster. When I still had them around, They would double in number every 1.5 months. And the largest I ever grew them to was about a little over the size of a quarter.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Ditto on what everyone else said, except that my multi colored one that I got PnoyReefer is about two inches with several mouths, and does not appear to be spliting any time soon. Some of my others also have multiple mouth, and yet do not split.lol

Ryanr1212

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 71.4%
5   2   0
it mostly depends on your water quality... if it's good, then they will grow fast. but then it also depends on where they are placed. i have mine on my sandbed and they split pretty fast.. about once every month-month and a half. i dont feed them but thats because i dont want to and im not really interested in them growing. but a full grown head could get around 2" diameter.

seldin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
I just got a ricordia recently. Why are they also called mushrooms. I know what normal mushrooms look like and the bumps on ricordia are easy to see and I can see why they are called ricordia's. But, are they a member of the mushroom family?

Thanks much,

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: