Custom King

Vendor
Rating - 99.4%
308   2   0
Hello All,

I'm trying to decide which tank to go with? Both tanks are Deep Blue so the quality is identical. The good thing is that I have both tanks sitting in my garage and I want to set one up but which one? Both tanks are pretty similar in water volume 60g to 57g. Both tanks have the matching stands so no issues there. Equipment wise I can light either one with a pair of brand new AI Sol Blues that I have. As far as filtration goes I can always make and throw a custom sump together for either tank :biggrin: I have skimmers that will work well on either set up. For flow I have either a single or pair of Vortechs to place on the glass. I'm leaning towards the 60g cube. No the 57g You see my dilemma :smash:

What do you think is the way to go???

Custom King

Vendor
Rating - 99.4%
308   2   0
60g Cube!

KuyaMark,

If I go with the cube can I just keep your new sump that I have for you since it'll fit perfectly inside my stand??? :lol_large It'll save me the trouble of having to build one...

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
The overflow on the 57 deep blue is like half the tank man. If I were you, I'd take that out and make something with the black acrylic.

I liked the 60 cube but the 24 inch height was kind of a pain IMO. The 57 is a bit better footprint-wise without the huge overflow box.

Custom King

Vendor
Rating - 99.4%
308   2   0
60g Cube!

skene,

Yeah I was thinking the same thing as far as the depth.

E,intheC,

Yeah that overflow in the 57g is a little big for my liking. The good thing is that you can work around it by building nice islands on each side of it. Well at least I think so.

The 60g with the 24" height may require a chair to get to the bottom if you ever need to.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I actually ordered the 57 but when I saw it next to a 60 cube i changed my mind. 36" tanks make your lighting options more difficult. The 60 can be a more efficient setup.

Custom King

Vendor
Rating - 99.4%
308   2   0
60g Cube!

Tonyscoots84,

The Deep Blue stand for a 60g cube actually fits a sump that has a 21" square footprint. With that size I can fit everything I need inside. The only thing that I would probably make to fit right next to the stand would be a matching black ATO box.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Tonyscoots84,

The Deep Blue stand for a 60g cube actually fits a sump that has a 21" square footprint. With that size I can fit everything I need inside. The only thing that I would probably make to fit right next to the stand would be a matching black ATO box.

Sounds like you've already made up your mind!:catsmiley

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: