SteveZz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I've seen a lot of rimless tanks and I was just wondering, what do people do to ensure that their fish don't jump out of those types of tanks. I'm considering upgrading to a rimless but that's been my main concern around that. Looking for an explanation on that as well as any other things I should consider before going rimless.

Thanks

SteveZz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Thanks, just found a video on that that helped with my next question (wasn't sure how to get it to stay on a rimless tank). But the magnet idea / epoxying a small piece of acrylic inside the tank to hold it up sound like pretty smart ideas.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
If your going top of the line especially on red sea reefers,options like artfullly acrylic, octo lids and top lids on fb are available.

I am personally going to order from top lids in a week or two. the wait time is about 3-4 weeks.

Rookie2reef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
247   0   0
red sea screen top

I would do red sea screen top and they have cut outs for lights if needed, plus sits nice inside tank not flimsy or anything and keeps that nice rimless look

Attachments

• 20180215_135246.jpg
    20180215_135246.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 99

Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
I have always made my own screen tops. You can just go to home depot and buy screen making kits, measure it out and put it together. Relatively cheap and looks fine. Or you can have a top made for you my artfully acrylic as mentioned above. Beautiful tops but expensive, not sure what your budget is.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: