duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
so i decided to give the RKL a shot with the heater and need a little help. i set my heater at 81 and i set the RKL at 80 with a hysterisis of 004.0 which i believe means if the temp get above 84 it will shut down and come back on at 76 is this correct.would any of you set it up differently?

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Not to burst your bubble, but i had problems with my RK2 and RKE in the past and have heard a good amount of stories with the RKL/RKE. I wouldn't for the life of me trust any lifeline devices to be controlled with the RKE/RKL unless you know for sure your RKL is problem free.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I don't think with that config your heater will go beyond 81*. The heater's thermostat will shut it off even with the RKL telling the outlet to go on.

Why the large window of hysteresis if you don't mind me asking? Usually a hysteresis window of <.5 is normal.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
It's a matter of preference. If you want temp stability, a small hysteresis window would give you that.

But you have the right idea on the settings...to get the heater on at 76 and off at 80, you will need to program your set point at 78 with a 2.0 hysteresis.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: