edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
personally i wouldn't buy that one, your paying for the tank that you don't need and its $110. bra has a 4 stage 75gpd for $130. spend a little more now and get something practical. you won't regret it, buy the best you can afford its the heart of you system.

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
Agree with edd.
The most important piece of equipment for a reef tank. the RO/DI filter. this should be the first piece of equipment bought. it is even more important than the tank itself. without perfect water going in, you will always not know where to start if problems come up.

I have a 5 stage from Bulk reef supply.

P.s. tap water has a lot of phosphates in it and will cause you problems with alge.

Last edited:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
I agree with the above posts about getting a quality RO/DI as opposed to the one you linked.

One other thing I'd like to add, if you used tap water in your tank to start, and you begin to use RO/DI water through water changes, you will never (even in one million years) exchange all the tap water for RO/DI water through water changes. Yes, it will continually 'dilute' the tap water, but it will never completely remove it unless you do a 100% water change at one time. 10 times 10% water changes does not equal 100% water change.

Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: