nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
I have a problem with my RODI, it stopped working today.
Specs : 75GPD 5-stage w/air filled pressure gauge, and Permeate pump
The pressure gauge is reading zero (0) I checked all my connections and everything looks good. I changed all filters including the membrane about 3mons ago when I filled the new tank. Probably about 250ga through the new filters. What could be wrong?

Thanks

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
RODI not working

Ok, I disconnected the intake water line coming from the house to the RODI and it's not clogged. I got water coming in under pressure. I removed the permeate pump and still no water pressure only like 5lbs on the gauge. I strongly believe my filters are clogged. I ordered a new set of filter today so as soon as I get them I'll change them and will update thread.

I'm in need of RODI water so Im gonna try to acquire some locally for top off.

Last edited:

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
RODI working again!!

Ok the three filters were replaced on the RODI today and its making a batch of water now, I guess they were clogged. My pressure is back to normal aprox 65-70lbs on the gauge.

Has anyone run into this problem that they clog so fast? I bought the replacements from Air, Water, Ice (10ppm)sediment, (5ppm)carbon, (1ppm)carbon, new color changing nuclear media for DI.

Comments??

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: