T

THEDLO

Ok so I've been wondering about this for some time, how long can RO water be stored? And for that matter how long can mixed salt water be stored.

And yes I did search before posting, did really get what I was looking for.

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
as long ans the rodi water has mmovement you are good to go you do not want stagnet water being used.

Salt water can be kept for a while but again you do not want the water to sit still and form a film at the top.

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I fill a 32 gal brute and use about 2 gallons a day, I do not have any sort of pump mixing it the most movement it gets is when i take water out.

As far as saltwater I only make water when I need it.

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
The thing with that Dave is that my top off last me about 3 days or more depending on the temp so the RO isn't getting move for that time.

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
idk to be honest no one ever told me that I couldnt store Ro water with out movement. This is the first time I am hearing of water needing constant movement but who knows!

Ive heard of not storing made saltwater but thats it.

chinatown

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
store my water in the garage in a 25 gallon trash bin. no movement or anything. it doesn't need any type of aeration since its just fresh RODI water.

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I'm sure it's ok as long as the storage bucket is clean and ur getting a 0 TDS reading no?

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
+1 afernandez I also have 5 gal buckets full of ro water only when I mix salt is when I leave a powerhead in over nite to circulate and create oxygen for next day water change I don't think u need movement when its jus ro water

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
RO/DI can be stored without movement because it is devoid of minerals and bacteria.

+1 ...preferably in a covered container that is considered 'food safe'.

I have stored new SW in covered Brute cans for weeks, but I keep a PH in there and then warm it back up just before I am going to add it to the tank.

BIG L A

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I personally dont have a stash of RO but never thought it was bad to store just in case... I actually think its bad idea not to have some ready just in case you find yourself with a situation...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: