A

Anonymous

Does anyone know a good way to remove rose anemones from the tank. I can peel them off the glass with ease but it is tough to get them off of the rocks. They have taken over my tank. I have over 20 of them and some are 6+" wide. The local store is giving me $40 tradein on them and then selling for $150 a piece. Heh.

lemonyx

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No easy way to get them off the rocks, just peel s l o w l y. Another way is to take a little piece of the rock with the foot, but peeling is way better. Another is the power head, just point it at them and soon they/it will be moving.

If I were you I would sell them on the board and pocket a little more of the $$. Your LFS is making a killing, why not you??

SlipperMan

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is less then I've seen them on lists. Definitely try to sell local first or maybe negotiate a higher price. LFS around here normally offers list plus a bit since they don't have to factor in shipping (with a lower mortality rate to boot).

The powerhead idea is something I've used before. I put a piece of rock behind the anemone, pointed a Maxi-Jet at it, and it crawled onto the rock.

Banggai

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a friend help remove a GBTA from rock, I gave him a zip tie and he went around the edges of the anemone trying to GENTLY lift the foot. It came off very easily after just 3 minutes.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: