janey

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I have a bucket of
Seachem Reef Advantage Magnesium

How do i mix this to make lets say 1 gallon ??
I read instructions but dont understand ??

Janey

Avi

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The instructions are a bit confusing so try using this gadget....

http://jdieck1.home.comcast.net/~jdieck1/chemcalc.html

...it requires that you test for magnesium before dosing but you should definitely do that before you add Reef Advantage Magnesium or any other magnesium additive, anyway. Once you get used to using that for magnesium...and for calcium and alkalinity...you'll find it very convenient, I'm sure.

janey

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
The instruction says this . But i still dont understand ???

BEGINNER: Use 5 g (1 level teaspoon) per 80 L (20 gallons*) twice a week. Dissolve in at least 250 mL (1 cup*) of freshwater. ADVANCED: Check magnesium level, then follow addition regimen above until magnesium is adjusted to 1200–1350 mg/L. Each 5 g/80 L will raise magnesium by about 5 mg/L. Amount or frequency can be adjusted, but do not exceed 25 g/80 L per day. Thereafter, use as required to maintain magnesium. EXPERT: After determining the magnesium depletion rate, set up a continuous drip system. Use the following formula to determine how much to add to your top-off water: g=vm/80 (g=grams to add to top off water, v=volume of tank in liters, m=amount to raise magnesium in mg/L). For example, if you want to raise magnesium by 10 mg/L in a 200 liter tank, then you would add (200x10)/80=25 g into the top-off water. [For reference: 1 gallon*=3.8 liters, 5 g=1 teaspoon*].

janey

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
AVi yes i went to the site. But that not what i need or asking.

I want to make a Batch of it. Let say 1 gallon.
so how do i do that ??

Its saying Dissolve in at least 250 mL (1 cup*) of freshwater. ????

Can someone please explain how much of teasoopn should i use to make 1 gallon

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
There are 16 cups in a gallon. So I would Imagine 16 teaspoons, and add 1 cup of the solution twice a week.
I would be careful doing this if you are not checking params.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: