sunny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I would look at other factors as well. I'm using RC and don't dose anything except kalk in my ATO. I maintain a SG of 1.026 and my Red Planet and Red Robin stag are bright red.

Red planet and red robin are supposed to be red. It depends how red we gauge them to be. Also red planet has a green base and it only gets that when placed to appropriate lighting.

All answers are correct here.

So the question to OP is, what red colors is he having trouble with :) There are few acros (SPS I mean and all I can talk about) that have red tips and not everyone has them red to their liking ...

Sunny

sunny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I have my red planet on the top and it was under 5 watt LED that ran 100% for 8 hours.

100_0374_zps75243514.jpg

However, we should not derail the OP thread :).

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
IMO lighting PAR plays a big factor in red coloration. My colonies didn't turn red until I placed them high under my 250 Radiums. My Red Planet was more green and the Red Robin was a marroon/ brown nub. I forgot I got a frag of it a few years ago and because of the color I forgot what it was until I moved it up high. It's a very slow grower for me.

sunny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Thanks guys. Yes it is a beautiful piece. Keep the red plant in the middle of the tank to get more green in the base. Higher you go the more red it gets. Heck, some of the folks who come to see the tank mistake the red planet to be a red mill :) LOL.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: