lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
It's useless. For $200 or whatever the current price is you can get a used controller. All this monitors is ph and ammonia. And if you have an issue what can you do about it except run home...yes it's got a par meter...not sure how good it is...but I would buy it for that before buying it for monitoring.

egriesner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
You can get a new one for $99... The slides cost under $10 a month. You never have to calibrate it because you replace the slides every month and they come precalibrated. I have an app on my phone where I can check my temp, ph, ammonia levels, and o2, anywhere in the world. I like it. No it is not a controller, but it does give me piece of mind.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
You can get a new one for $99... The slides cost under $10 a month. You never have to calibrate it because you replace the slides every month and they come precalibrated. I have an app on my phone where I can check my temp, ph, ammonia levels, and o2, anywhere in the world. I like it. No it is not a controller, but it does give me piece of mind.

I wasn't aware it did O2 levels and I did leave out temp....however he msrp is $169 but I have seen a lot of sites dropping the price and advertising $99 lately. But as you confirmed and the OP stated that's $100 a year on slides. Ammonia monitoring does not do much good, maybe it's nice to see the change when you feed fish but on and established tank you shouldn't have to monitor it.

So as I stated for $200 (equal to $99 plus 1 year of slides) you can buy a brand new ReefAngel, with two float switches, a temp probe (can connect two more as well) a ph probe and an 8 outlet relay box. For $99 more you can add on the wifi module so you don't need your computer connected (like you do with the seneye) and you can program it to do all kinds of things plus alerting as well.

jmaquatic

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Ok we'll at this point then the question is reef angel or apex I know it's more on what you like but I like reading more about members personal experience with them then reading reviews online sometimes I feel it's the company posting reviews.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: