jbjints1

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Has anyone ever thought of or currently have a website with streaming video of there tank? I think this would be awesome I am considering doing it, can anyone recommend a good camera? If not streaming video (may be to slow) but possibly a snapshot of your tank every 15 seconds. What do you think?

Thanks,
Joe

Tanu

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I 'ripped' a script for doing this from www.camerades.com. The script is on www.tanu.nl/webcam. Feel free to use it.
When using the standard script from camerades, you get some childish webpage with the videofeed projected in styles like 'Old Television', or 'Theatre'. For my script you have to subscribe to Camerades, and to fill in the subscribing-code in the script instead of my code. Then you'll have a nice blank page with the video-feed in it. Now you'll only have to re-design the page ;-)

I also wanted to aim my cam to my tank. My problem is that My computer is too far from the tank to use the standard usb-cable.

I'm wondering till which length you can expand the cable...

Tanu www.tanu.nl

Luminary

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tanu:
<STRONG>
I'm wondering till which length you can expand the cable...
</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Standard USB can run about 5 meters. This can be extended quite a bit if necessary (at varying degrees of cost). Do a search on "USB Extender" and you'll get tons of possibilities.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: