A

Anonymous

I am still kind of not sure about what to do. If I do end up putting an anemone in the tank, it would be to get the clowns *away* from my other coral, not that I want them to host with an anemone. I don't want to loss my hammer due to harassment from the clowns, but I don't know if getting an anemone is such a good idea. :?

A

Anonymous

Just remember that since you can't answer one of my questions here, you owe me a big favor for the rest of your life. ;)

A

Anonymous

dupaboy1992":1r85klh3 said:
If I go with a rose bbt, I don't have to do anything more than what I am already doing for the corals, right?

You just need to feed them directly, although the clowns usually help with that.

A

Anonymous

dupaboy1992":ytdv20sm said:
I am still kind of not sure about what to do. If I do end up putting an anemone in the tank, it would be to get the clowns *away* from my other coral, not that I want them to host with an anemone. I don't want to loss my hammer due to harassment from the clowns, but I don't know if getting an anemone is such a good idea. :?

I do love anemones, but I found that many times they cause some sort of problem. The carpets eat everything. I had a LTA that never stopped walking. My BTAs would be constantly splitting and it was a PITA to get them off the rock they were on(always the biggest rock in the tank).

A

Anonymous

dupaboy1992":3twmov6i said:
Just remember that since you can't answer one of my questions here, you owe me a big favor for the rest of your life. ;)
Hey now..! I did answer in a roundabout way. You asked if the anemone would have more or other requirements than your corals, and I told you that, in the wild, I only see them situated deep inside corals. Wouldn't that suggest that they might appreciate the same conditions? :P

Besides, if what you wanted was someone to tell you what to do, you should have just said so. Get an anemone, not a carpet, and put it in the tank. :D

A

Anonymous

They are nipping at the hammer, and it is very unhappy. I will follow your instruction, and try to get a rose bubble tip anemone soon before the coral is dead. Went to a LFS last night, but they only got long tentacle.

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be sure the tank doesnt have any open powerheads where the anemone can commit suicide.

leftovers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ben":3f8m2hjn said:
Just be sure the tank doesnt have any open powerheads where the anemone can commit suicide.

Ironically bbt's and most anemones for that matter like high flow, mine all sit under a vortec running a full blast...

As for feeding you should never have to directly feed an anemone. I have never in 12+ years and most dont. Those that do, do cause it makes them feel better (the owner not the animal) or they are hoping to have the animal split. The anemones will feed on food in the water column you feed your fish, plankton and fish waste. They will get ample food this way and from the clowns. Mine split every fall and again i've got giant anemones.

Should you finally decide to get one, locate it actually near a power head but not directly under it. It needs to be in the path of moderate to high indirect flow. It does NOT like DIRECT flow (there is one exception but its rarely imported these days). Also locate the anemone (BBT i am talking about) in the rock so it can find a good foot hold.

One of the best places to locate anemones is between your return stream and power head stream. This boxes it in and gives it ample indirect flow and will greatly reduce if not eliminate wandering.

Good luck.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: