• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

T

THEDLO

how do i know when a mushroom is dead? i recently got this giant green mushroom, and during transport its foot got injured, part of the rock it was attached to broke off but was still attached to the shroom. its been a few days, and its looking a bit bad. so my question is whether i should cut it in half to save it (if its not too late) or just wait it out and hope it solves it all by its self?

here's a pic.

Attachments

• IMG00086-20100702-1937.jpg
    IMG00086-20100702-1937.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 67
T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
its sagging alot now..i turn the rock over a lil so that gravity wouldn't tear it further, do they foul the water when they die? like anemones do?

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
they are extrememly hard to kill, you could probably throw them on the floor, step on it a few times and then dump it in a tank and they will still live. Ive torn shrooms in half before and perfectly healed. i dont think ive ever seen a mushroom die, ive worked in a store for 3 years and have seen some come in pretty bad and come back around due to how hardy they are.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: