Custom King

Vendor
Rating - 99.4%
308   2   0
Hello All,

I need some help from one of you electronic wizards :approve: I have a 250 watt HQI ballast that I need to connect my power cord to. The ballast has 3 wires for the power cord. The colored wires coming out of the ballast are green, blue and brown. I know that the green is the ground wire. I want to attach the blue and brown wires coming out of the ballast to my power cord which has black and white wires. Which do I attach to which :Yikes:

1. Brown to white
Blue to black

OR

2. Brown to black
Blue to white

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Hello,

Somebody told me that it doesn't matter which goes to which both combination's will work. Is this the case? Somebody let me know?

Not true.. Only ground and negative poles maybe switched in most ballast as they may be connected internally. What brand ballast is this? Do you have a multi-meter? Measure the resistance between the wires, should be 0 ohm between two wires, or close to it.

FRY

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
white goes to blue,black goes to brown
blue is neutral and brown is power

European electrical equipment, fittings and fixtures have wires coloured as follows:

Brown for Hot (also known as "Live" in Europe)
Blue for Neutral Green/Yellow stripes for Ground (also known as "Earth")

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: