mazon56

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
ive gotten the choice down to the Reef Octopus Extreme XS 160 Protein Skimmer its rated up to 160 $275.00, or the Super Reef Octopus XP1000 Space Saver SRO XP1000SSS its rated up to 125 $300.00. both would fit good in the sump and the price doesnt matter just want the better skimmer. let me know what u guys think.

Last edited:

Belwell

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I just picked up the XS 160 and my buddy has the 1000. I will be honest, I went in not even thinking about the cost difference, but purely by the pumps. The 160 bubble just look much better to me and its a honestly not much of a size difference, The XS now even has the pump right below it anyway. If you arent worried about the slight size difference it is a no brainer, go with the XS 160, the bubbles are better.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
which did you end up going with? I've heard good things about the XS, and owned the SRO 1000. I loved that skimmer, and heard excellent things about the Bubble Blaster Pumps. Not sure where people are getting that they're not good pumps.

Some Sicci's aren't reliable either.. the PSK 2500 is not a great pump at all, especially reliability-wise.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: