thedragoneel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi
Looking for a skimmer recommendation for my 120 gallon with 30 gallon sump. Currently have a reef octopus ss for 9 years and looking to update. So much changes now In equipment so what is the best for my tank. Cost not an issue. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pagodazoa

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I like the nyos skimmers a lot myself, never had any problems. I have both the 120 and 160. Very easy to tune and pulls very well, it’s a workhorse. I think reef octopus is also very reputable and can get pretty fancy with the features like the self cleaning cup/neck

thedragoneel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yea I just dropped $850 on an octopus and it just arrived. First off, it’s huge compared to my original. Literally didn’t think it would fit in sump and plumbing. Got lucky and it barely fits in sump without using my filter socks. Instantly started pulling nice foam and love that is comes with an over flow kill switch. Pretty fancy compared to my original octopus. Had one day and is pulling nice foam. Also came with a remote to control air intake. Pretty cool. Thanks all.

thedragoneel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
2d262f1527d0f21d0040ece7c05c0b41.jpg

Went with this beast. Didn’t realize the actual size of this thing. Takes up my entire sump…lol. Hey, clean water and don’t have corals so not worried of stripping nutrients. Happy Father’s Day all!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: