jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Thank you all for the advice on the forum. I am updating equipment and I need to get rid of my Coralife super skimmer for my 90 gallon. The only problem is, is that I need a out of sump skimmer cause that is the way it was set up when I bought the 90. Now, what would you guys suggest on a out of sump skimmer? I appreciate it. When I finally do my upgrade, I am gonna go with a in-sump skimmer.

Thanks guys,

James

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
Hang on?
external skimmers are usually placed next to the sump or can go in the sump as long as the water level(of the sump) does not cover the exiting water of the skimmer.
Your feed pump goes in the sump and into the skimmer, then a hose from the exit pipe on the skimmer back to the sump.

jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Hang on?
external skimmers are usually placed next to the sump or can go in the sump as long as the water level(of the sump) does not cover the exiting water of the skimmer.
Your feed pump goes in the sump and into the skimmer, then a hose from the exit pipe on the skimmer back to the sump.

That's how mine is set up now. I would like to have same setup obviously with a different skimmer

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: