Rating - 100%
103   0   0
hi guys i have a ? my ? is about my skimmer is have a mag 3 with my urchin skimmer and i noticed its not skimming really, in the beginning it was skimming but now its not. i have a 55 g reef with 1 yellow tang 1 clown and a wrasse , my nitrate is 0 , can it be that my tank is clean enough for my skimmer to not skim? i can c inside the skimmer small bubbles but not enough to elavate to the cup. mag 3 is brand new and i clean the injector like 3 days ago. i feed cyclop eezz, small mysis shrimp, algea strips and flakes . i feed my tank every 2 to 3 days

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Yea I would try cleaning the injector again. If you can get your hands on a bendable pipe cleaning brush. Get the smallest one you can. Bend it so you can take off the cup push it down that opening and then up into the tip of the injector. If you go in through the end where the mag attaches, it doesn't really clean all that well.

My skimmer would not produce much bubbles and i gave the injector a little scrub as describe and now it wont stop skimming. Problem now is it only skims wet and I'm getting a cup of Green/Brown wet skim a day. It's not the nastiest stuff but it'd definitely not plain on SW either. I'm running a pro w/ mag3

It could be that your bioload is low but you should still be pulling stuff out of the water.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thanks Ric! My remora drives me nutsso. Barely skims and the tank is a swamp.:shhh: 20g with about 30lbs of lr had 3 small fish in it, now has 2 as of yesterday.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Ive Never Found Whether It's Remora Or Any Of The Other Skimmer's That They Skim Like A Needle Wheel Or Other Of The Such, Never Got The Really Dark Skimate From Any Of Them Including My Current Saphire Skimmer, Gets Tea Green But Not Dark Brown Like My Er Does On My Reef Tank

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
hi guys today i decided to take out my skimmer from my sump and clean the injector again, when i started to clean it i started to put the brush very deep to the end and guess what came out a piece of rubble! no wonder my skimmer wasnt skimming properly. now my skimmer is flowing with water inside. thats only been 5min and its started to skim!! thanks guys for the great advice.:givebeer:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: