Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
you should be able to adjust the flow with the red knob on the return. if that is not the problem that means that there is a medication or toxin in your tank causing your skimmer to go crazy. When it fills is it just water or is it actual disolved organics when it settles.

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
it could also be the water is too high in your sump for the skimmer... I had to build a small box with egg crate to keep my skimmer sitting at the right water level... also maybe your pump is too strong and ull need a ball valve to slow the water going into the skimmer... good luck!

darkdrako

Looks mean doesn't she!?
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Is the skimmer new or used? I picked up a used skimmer that started to do that and a vinegar bath for two days solved the problem. The skimmer was back to producing skimmate the next day without a long break-in.

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
I have the same skimmer and I bet you mean it is filling up with clear water right. It is cause the skimmer return needs to be straight. This is a good in tank skimmer but to have ti inthe sump I have come to realize that it needs to be modified. I have a thread up about this if you want more information you can pm me and I will be more then glad to explain. As for your problem now make usre that you have the air valve for the power head high or medium level and the return level. It should come with a box that hooks up to teh treurn try that.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: