Marek-S

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Does anyone have this skimmer skimz sm 201 ? --and have micro bubbles in the main tank problem ? I've tried to adjust it many different ways with no luck .
Skimmer sits in sump with 8.5 inch of water level, air intake is about have way down, it is running for about 4-5 weeks now, puls out the skimmate but for some reason micro bubbles are below bubble plate in the skimmer body and probably that is way they got pulled into the outlet which is in the base of the skimmer.
Any ideas , please help
Marek

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Marek, I have the SK 181. I have the adjustment knob on the silencer open just a little. Maybe a quarter turn and and I adjusted the water level to the neck union. This gives me a medium consistent skim and no micro bubbles escape.
When I first tried this skimmer I had the air valve open too much and the bubbles were larger and more volatile causing micro bubbles to escape. HTH

Marek-S

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Ok - I'll try that, we'll see what it would do.
I just don't know why micro bubbles are below bubble plate and chamber in skimmers body , where the pump sits , they should rise above it .
Tnx Rich

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 410

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: