Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I only have about 15”x15” space under my tank next to sump. Any ideas on a refugium or some way of running chaeto that I can make myself or buy relatively cheap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Finnex box with miracle mud. comes with light, grows chaeto like crazy, fish and corals stay super healthy,on amazon cheap like around 50$, without miracle mud

Can the pump pull water from that height? (Sump is only half full)

I am try to figure out where I can position it... If I put it to the right side where my return pump is it will blow bubbles. The left side has moulded plastic for the filter sock and I can’t clip it on. Maybe the front, but it is like 6 inches, would need to measure. But then I won’t be able to access my skimmer easily. Hmmm... This is definitely a nice solution now I have to figure out a way to get it to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
here's a wacky idea, instead of putting the space outside the sump, put it inside. Just as a hypothetical, what if you simply placed a glass vase inside a larger tank, such as your display? would the area inside the vase be considered a refuge? just need to keep the fish out. This vase could fit somewhere in your sump and if the vase was about the right height as your water level...

lzqkeith

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
131   0   1
E3976139-61DC-4A19-8089-97D6E6B66880.jpeg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: