• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

lrasser

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I'm setting up a 15x15x7 frag tank plumbed directly into my main system. This will be used for mainly SPS as i'm finally going to start making the switch to the full SPS world after a decade of going mixed reef. My question is you all you SPS growers out there. What would be the best light for something this size? I'm open to suggestions since I would like to do this right the first time. I love the growth i get on my DT with my T5 & LED combo but obviously that wont fit over such a small tank.

Thanks!!!!

lrasser

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
So i switched to a 24Lx12Wx7H frag tank. This should give me a little more flexibility with lighting. So with that being said I need something goose neck or top mounted. I'm just worried a tank mounted might be too close to the coral. any suggestions? Ceiling mount wont work.

arcmetal110

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
127   0   0
?1 on Metal Halides
Had Radion LED for almost 3yrs, totally not satisfied with it on sps, switched to Halides for only 2months now I am very happy on the growth and color, wish I had change it earlier.

Jazeel55

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I agree MH is the way to go I have LEDS right now but I got better growth with MH. Coral grow under LEDS but they grow slow. Me personally I rather slower growth. There nothing worst the coral warfare

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: