Boogie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I had a good flow on my r/o unit when ever I used used it. Now I get a drip every{ 8 hours just a joke} but it seems like it. I have new filters,membrace, I even put a flow restrictor on it hope is the right way but I used it since I did all that.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
How is unit attached to water supply?
What rate membrane, and what rate flow restrictor?
What brand rodi?
Does unit have atuo shut off valve? i.e. a small white box with 4 tubes going into it

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Was it a 75 gpd membrane you took out?
Connected to the faucet, you take out the water saver washer in the faucet?
Or Saddle tap valve on sink supply water?
600 or 750 flow restrictor?
In line? Was the old flow restrictor in line?
Does flow restrictor have an arrow pointed the right way?
Flow restrictor installed on waste water line?
How's the flow coming out of waste water?

You may have went from a 5 or 10 micron particle filter and/or carbon block down to a smaller one micron, and /or a 96% rejection rate membrane to a 99%. While these things will effect your production rate, the difference wouldn't be night and day. My first guess would be defective, miss sized, or mis placed flow restrictor. You could get a jug and time/measure your restrictor. As an example, a 500ml flow restrictor should give you around 500ml through that restrictor an hour. Or you could take your old one and install it to see if that fixes your issue.
To get decent life out of your membrane you should be at around or above 4 to 1 ratio of waste to product water.

Last edited:

Boogie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
it was a 100 Gpd membrace
No I went straight for the water value I just brought a 3 way connected so my sink and to unit can run at the same time. But I disconnected the ro unit lol it's water flowing thru there I foget to turn it off before disconnecting it.
750 restrictor
The arrow is facing towards the waste line
The water coming out good on the waste line.
I have a to 5 micron filters that's what they sent me.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
The arrow on restrictor should be facing the same way the water flows out of the waste line.
600 ml flow restrictor is except able for 75 gpd membrane. As long as you're at 4to1 ratio. If your 5to1 or greater you can even go lower, maybe 500ml. The lower the number the more it restricts and the more water gets forced out as product.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: