Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
How much is too much when it comes to snails?? How often can I expect these guys to reproduce?

A few weeks ago we noticed lots of baby snails. They are all kind of small to med. sized now. Now today I notice more tiny little baby snails. Soon enough I fear they will reach epic proportions.

But how many is too many for a 120g? I haven't gotten a good count on how many there are but you can see at least ten to fifteen at any given time looking at the tank. :snail::snail::snail::snail::snail:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Aren't your wrasses picking any of them off and making snacks of them Sybil?
If you have too many, try and conatin them and maybe sell a bunch at the swap or trade them into your LFS for credit?

Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
The wrasses are always obese looking. 24/7 they have puffed out bellies. Still there are snails.

I am going to give some away and then drop the rest off at the LFS.

I'd rather them not control their own population by dying off. I fear that would screw up the water. The hermits have taken over plenty enough shells and the pistol shrimp has a snail shell graveyard in his burrow... still we have snails. LOL

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: