ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
Just got home and my wife tell my she turned the ball valve in off position which is 2 feet above my .2( horsepower reef flo pump... the power went back on and the valve was still closed.
This ball valve is only to remove the pump or if the check valve ever breaks. (She shut the valve because the check valve did break years ago)

but my wife doesn't listen, ??? after I only mentioned it how many times I was happy we got it all fixed long ago.. I’m like, didn’t you notice I never brought up power loss issues again?
anyway... could I have caused major damage to the pump?
What happens to the pump and water pressure when it’s blocked like this?

q167

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think it will do any damage to the pump. Possible over heat the pump a bit.
I sint think it will over heat if it was submerged in water at all times that cooled it off cause the heater was not on. The only way to know is to see if there is black burn marks around the heater or actually smell the heater.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Mark2480

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Step 1: Take a breath then count to ten and repeat 10 x
Step 2: remember the part of that saying that says "you can't live without them"
Step 3: a shot of scotch helps
step 4: let it rest and buy something for your tank.

This has worked for me for the last 28 years
Good luck

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
Step 1: Take a breath then count to ten and repeat 10 x
Step 2: remember the part of that saying that says "you can't live without them"
Step 3: a shot of scotch helps
step 4: let it rest and buy something for your tank.

This has worked for me for the last 28 years
Good luck
I tried man I tried! I’m a little better today.. you are ? correct

tsouth

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
At the end of the day, her intentions were right though. She knew how bad the experience was before, and took aim to ensure that it didn't happen again because she probably knew how upsetting it would be. Gotta give her props for trying. Glad to hear everythings okay

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
At the end of the day, her intentions were right though. She knew how bad the experience was before, and took aim to ensure that it didn't happen again because she probably knew how upsetting it would be. Gotta give her props for trying. Glad to hear everythings okay
This is absolutely true, I did run through everything w her just in case lol...
we have kids n wives n so on.. and blessed for it all, and with this hobby things do happen.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: