E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
For a while now, I've been searching for a new skimmer for my 34 gallon Solana. I was originally very excited about the AquaMaxx HOB-1, however it's been on perpetual back order since I can remember. I've actually purchased the skimmer 2x now, only to be told that it's on back order for another 3 weeks. :smash:(Not the vendor's fault).

As such, I'm kind of done waiting for the AquaMaxx.

Has anyone bought the MCE300 recently? I can't seem to find any stores (local or online) that still carry this skimmer.

If not the Deltec, what other skimmers are recommended? I don't want the Tunze 9002 or most of the related models. I've considered, but remain skeptical of the (expensive) Super Reef Octopus HOB's.... And too bad the ATB Multi Use cone is no longer sold. :(

That leaves me with the Deltec. Otherwise, I'm looking for a quiet, reliable, solid performing skimmer.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
How about this. I saw someone selling this recently, I think on this site.
http://saltwaterconnection.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=6

Bubble magus also makes a couple but those might be a little light for your application.

Thanks man. I appreciate the recommendation, but there's no way I'm ever using an SWC product. The owner is a complete GOON :D

I will take another look at the Bubble Magus though, and I honestly do appreciate the help.

Henry, thanks for the recommendation on the Octo... How do you like the noise levels?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: