A

Anonymous

but I havent seen any evidence of those god awful eunicid worms, no sign of any nudis, nor those Aesopus spiculus snails(although I have pulled every cone shaped snail I've seen so far...)

my Monti looks almost like a snail ate a path(now several paths) through it, and now, my acro, has two "bites" taken out of the flesh...kinda like the pics at this link
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showt ... ?t=1957640

both corals have been in the tank for many many months now, and this is the first its happened. only new additions have been some zooas, a clown, a diadema basslet and 3 firefish, 2 of which are gone(dead). I did have a snail spawning, but I think they were either turbo or nassarius as those are the only snails I've gotten -little white dots of shells everywhere, but they're mostly on the glass, not the rocks.

lights are off right now, and flashlight perusal has shown nothing so far. Is there anything I should keep an eye out for? I know what flatworms look like and I have none.

A

Anonymous

Can you get us a pic of the damage and a wider shot? The damage sounds different on both corals. Both corals have some different predators, and a pic or 4 would help get more than wild speculation. :D

A

Anonymous

Thales":2iaulzvm said:
Can you get us a pic of the damage and a wider shot? The damage sounds different on both corals. Both corals have some different predators, and a pic or 4 would help get more than wild speculation. :D
those pics werent mine, but looked similar- problem is, my camera sucks at tank shots, and the coral is a brilliant sky blue - I havent been able to take a shot that you could distinguish coral flesh from skeleton...

HOWEVER, I think I caught the sumbitch!!!!!! After posting, I continued to do the commercial break flashlight spot, and as Robot Combat was starting, I found a WHITE hermit crab(wearing a margarita shell) sitting on top of another SPS coral pickin away! Unlike a normal hermit that retracks when they're touched, this little bugger stretched out and was trying to pinch and scratch me when I grabbed him!
He never once retracted into his shell, he just continued to fight me as I held him out of the water! he is now sitting in a specimen container with tank water, awaiting his sentencing...that is unless the cats get him before I get home.

A

Anonymous

Podman":k5of4o02 said:
can you take a pic?
provided the cats havent found the container and used him as a playtoy, yeah.

He's a seriously nasty f'er- doing his earnest trying to pinch me...kinda funny actually

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: