piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I got there around 10:30 Saturday, I would say there was at least 100 people ahead of me. I did get a goody bag and they still had alot left. Once it was 11:00 we got in very fast. which was very good. But after all the years going. This was the worst with not many vendors selling much SPS frags, I would say Zoe and torches were popular . Very little fish and clams. Lot less big names there. For a big event with everybody under one roof. Just wasn't like the first RAP. If Covid still impacting the hobby. Certainly the admission went up with far less vendors there. Over all wasn't worth it.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I don't think it has anything to do with the economy or inflation, if anything people are buying too much, especially online, as it's just too easy to do. I think the problem is there is an issue with getting fish and corals in, as they're either not shipping from certain areas, or if they are, there are delays in shipping, as other products/goods are taking precedence over fish and corals. You see this in a lot of LFS and online places, either limited amounts or types of fish and corals are available.

bfernandez19

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got there around 10:30 Saturday, I would say there was at least 100 people ahead of me. I did get a goody bag and they still had alot left. Once it was 11:00 we got in very fast. which was very good. But after all the years going. This was the worst with not many vendors selling much SPS frags, I would say Zoe and torches were popular . Very little fish and clams. Lot less big names there. For a big event with everybody under one roof. Just wasn't like the first RAP. If Covid still impacting the hobby. Certainly the admission went up with far less vendors there. Over all wasn't worth it.
Agreed

Pagodazoa

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I was contemplating going this year as my first RAP, glad I didn’t I guess. I think summer is a down time in our hobby, a lot more people outdoors enjoying the weather over taking care of their tanks. I’m sure the economy and inflation is a factor too. Gas there and back would probably cost $50, grocery shopping I’ll drop $150 and leave with hardly anything. Carribean blue had a sweet sale on clams this weekend. $100 for any size and $10 a head on any torch. I took advantage

adsf430

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what you're referring to, I had a great time at RAP. Got to see plenty of vendors, some with very reasonable prices, Greg's corals was 100% aquaculture and had amazeballz frags for the lowest price I've ever seen even among hobbyists. Also 5th Alarm Corals had some great sticks for fair prices. Main issue was simply tickets and ubers ended up at $150 to attend. I def would not go as a way to buy coral, there's just no good coral shops around me so it's the one time of year I get to see everything in person which saves a ton of money in itself by being let down by corals compared to their photos...

Unfortunately it seems most vendors are mainly concerned with the Orlando show.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'm not sure what you're referring to, I had a great time at RAP. Got to see plenty of vendors, some with very reasonable prices, Greg's corals was 100% aquaculture and had amazeballz frags for the lowest price I've ever seen even among hobbyists. Also 5th Alarm Corals had some great sticks for fair prices. Main issue was simply tickets and ubers ended up at $150 to attend. I def would not go as a way to buy coral, there's just no good coral shops around me so it's the one time of year I get to see everything in person which saves a ton of money in itself by being let down by corals compared to their photos...

Unfortunately it seems most vendors are mainly concerned with the Orlando show.
Compare to the past RAP NJ. There were far few vendors compare to 2015 RAP NJ. Probably cost or lack of inventory of fish and coral. These are only a few to name that weren't there. Biota, Seachem , Tropical Marin, Hikari, Cobalt, Rod's, ect . Not mentioning LFS vendors. You can't compare to 2015 to 2022.

Amado

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 cents
I think that venue is too big. They only used 1/2 of the floor. If they find something smaller cheaper. They can charge less to the vendors and you will have a bigger turn out. I live in nj and it was just a 20min ride from my house and I don’t think it was worth it. You had a reef show and fritz had no salt. Instant ocean also had a booth and they had no salt. Poor guy was selling empty buckets for $5 lol it was really sad.

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
My 2 cents
I think that venue is too big. They only used 1/2 of the floor. If they find something smaller cheaper. They can charge less to the vendors and you will have a bigger turn out..
I could be wrong, but I think they’ve been using only 1/2 the space for the past few years.

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Crazy expensive for a pinch of nail frags… no fish .. and TURBO BLUE light… soo shamefull!
Dont use Full blue !! Put 50%-50% B/W!! Be a Man!

Didnt worth.
Sadly people run their tanks in blue only. To the point where they are happy when peeps sell ugly neon acrylic stuff. I have a fish feeder like that. Good thing I use it only when someone else is feeding for me when I'm away. Great device, but so ugly.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: