gwilcom

Active Reefer
If I didn't know better I would say there is a spider web in my tank. It's attached to a small white cone that is maybe 3/8's of an inch long and it looks like there is something inside. The opening in the cone is maybe1/8th of an inch wide. Any ideas?

camaroracer214

Experienced Reefer
they are worms, and they can kill. i lost an acro colony to one of those bastards that somehow escaped my eye. it started shooting out its net and bleached out a medium sized colony in a day or two. i was very pissed.

brandonberry

Advanced Reefer
Actually, it sounds like what you are referring to is a vermatid snail. Although some claim that their mucous can irritate corals, and I don't doubt this, I wouldn't put them in the same category with redbugs, flatworms nudis, etc. I have a ton of them in my tank and they really don't noticably affect my corals' health. If you don't want it, chisel it off with an old knife and feed it to your fish, otherwise they will reproduce in large numbers.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: