polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
10 TDS is very high..
check your DI resin it is probably exhausted.

TDS after the RODI should be 0 to 2max, higher than that and stuff could be getting through into your system. chlorine?

my well water starts in the high 200's and gets to 0 after the unit. I change my DI when I see to getting up to the 2 range (+- every 3 months)

get your unit working better.
my sequence of filters:

1 micron--> .5 micron --> membrane -->DI resin

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Some DI resin are blue and will turn to brown when exhausted. Sometimes you can just have bad resin in a new DI. If you have TDS meter you can check your Membrane before DI unit and see what your reading. Like Jim said you want it around no higher than 02 after membrane and than after DI your reading 0.

rambler67

Addicted to MR
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
yea 10tds before or after the di is high. i would change the filters out and see what it comes out as you may need to change the membrane or just need to be flushed. 2 tds after the membrane may or may not happen i actually have 6 coming out of my membrane but i also have like 400 tds coming out of the tap.

Pimentinha

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Yes, water is flowing thru.
I just got back from the store. I have never used a TDS meter myself so I was unsure of how it worked. The guy at this store said it was 2.27 after membrane and 1.4 after DI.
I'm planning on replacing the filters tonight. The ones before the membrane.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: