nycearnestchink

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
red looking worm , very very small on green slimer, STNING it. dipped it with coralrx and it dies, little specks of black looking bugs appears to be dieing too , any experts here on sps pest ?
not sure how to post photo here but i need help !

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Pics would definitely help. Do you see any bite marks in the actual healthy part of the tissue? Look up red bugs and black bugs and see if those pics look like what you have

nycearnestchink

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i defintely do not see the red bugs, but after coral rx dip i see black specs about like 10 of them , they are very small too
i am going to set up a 10 gallon qt tank with a kessil, 2 peices of live rock from main dt sump, and a power head and heater, and dip all corals and bring qt to monitor ! any advice is appreciated , thanks will try to get a pic of the coral with the red worm looking thing , after done with qt

Last edited:

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Most likely coming from one of the sps you are seeing it on. Check around the base just below where the live tissue is for eggs. They're pretty small and usually a tan/brownish color.

Nanoreefer415

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
sounds like black bugs, if the little black specks crawl around instead of the more twitchy motions that copepods make. they cause stn from the base up, and lay eggs as they eat sps.

heartworm interceptor is a good method to kill, 4-6 doses 7 days apart to kill all newly hatched eggs.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: