• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I have had this SPS frag in my 15G nano under 130W PC light. Takn has decent flow.

Here are 2 pictures. The back of the coral is turning white with no polyps. The front looks good.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• img_2934.jpg
    img_2934.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 1,771

Robin Goodfellow

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi.
Next time, don't take a pic so soon after turing the coral around, so the polyps will come out more.... :)

Anyway, I don't really see the axial corallite characteristic of Acropora, so I am more on the side of Montipora. SPS ID is very difficult, so be suspectious of any "positive" identification.

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has this RTN occured in a span of hours or days? Have you done a Lugol's dip? It may eliminate the bacteria that might be causing it and allow the coral to recover.

King Jason

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reefnutz":77ny4991 said:
Has this RTN occured in a span of hours or days? Have you done a Lugol's dip? It may eliminate the bacteria that might be causing it and allow the coral to recover.

What is a Lugol's dip?

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lugol's Solution is a concentrated form of Iodine. I'm not sure if there are other brands of Lugol's, but Kent is the one that I use. I like to go around to LFS in my area and buy dying SPS corals for dirt cheap. I rely heavily on Lugol's to help them recover or propagate.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rob_Reef_Keeper":1bzc2hwk said:
I got a minijet 600 blowing right next to it.

The only thing I can think if it might have gotten stung by an aiptasia. I found a few in the tank.

How is the powerhead pointed? Is it pointing directly at the portions turning white?

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely try the dip. I'm guessing it is either some type of Montipora or Heliopora which are both very hardy. It would be able to handle a good 15 minute bath.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: