jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
When I originally placed these two corals, a orange cap and what I belive to be montipora spongodes. I had no idea they would end up doing this well. Now they are getting pretty close to each other. There is actually only about 1/4" between them, and they are growing fast. Will they just naturally avoid each other or should I cut off pieces. Both are very well encrusted to the rock.
Thanks in advance
John
822a4ee6.jpg

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I have the same situation. Orange cap will kind of cut into the spongodes but it is loosing the war and is bleaching but just on the very edge. Most different species of sps will have a chemical warfare when they meet on LR.

CoralMeister

The Flying Reefer
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
The Cap is harmless to neighboring corals, however the spongodes will be a bit of a problem. You might as well cut the spongodes off and put it in a different place, a bit more spaced out. Don't try cutting the cap so you dont risk tearing it to pieces.

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Thanks I actually forgot about this. I was planning to figure something out tomorrow. They are overlapping by about 1/2" now. Both are well encrusted. This should be interesting

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: