Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Yes, I know, stupid title.
I don't know about you guys but I like to try to keep things natural. A perfectly clean sterile envirnment is neither natural or healthy.
We all have a little detritus hiding somewhere, some of us have mountains of it. This material is mostly beingn but it is composed up of organic and inorganic material. It also compromises some of the food for corals especially SPS corals including gorgonians and gonopora.
Every day or two I like to stir things up using this. I also use this to feed and would never just put food in my tank without target feeding every animal.
My tank is gravel and there is a lot of matter that will get suspended when I blast water at it. I also blast the rocks to clean out the pores. A few times a year I use a diatom filter to eliminate the excess of this material.
The corals and fish seem to really enjoy this and I do also. Of course the tank looks like Half and Half for a few minutes but I kind of like Half and Half.
I have to be careful not to over do this because from experience I have found that small pipefish die from too much suspended matter and I have lost a few of them after a home made typhoon from my diatom filter.
Have a great day
;)
plasticbulb.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: