Grandczar

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far i have bout 60-80lbs of mixed marshall/fiji. 30-40lbs sugar fine carib sand.
Inhabitants are as follows:
-fish: Cardinal Bangaii, Neon Dottyback
-Inverts: Skunk/Cleaner shrimp, lots of Turbo's, few unID'd snails (not cone shape).
-Condy(purple tipped, no red base)
-Leather Coral
-Lots of feather dusters i mean lots!
-Also some brown button polyp hitchhikers

For lightening I use 20w standard NO actinic(marine glow)w/ a LOA 65w that seems to be getting the job done for now... I know if i want to get serious bout corals it will be insufficient.(note: coraline seems to be thriving..)

For circulation 2 PHs pumping a combined 500+gph.

Tank has been up a year and is finally starting to all come together. I would really like to add 2 more fish maybe even a breading pair to help feed the reef. Would really like a pair of false percs but fear the tank size would booster too much aggression. Even thought bout sailfin mollies but worry bout bio load.

Any thoughts or ideas on adding/removing some of the inhabitants would be greatly appreciated.

question...Is it normal for skunk shrimp to host to a condy?

danmhippo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever think about a mated pair of shrimp goby? Or Shrimp goby/pistal shrimp pair? To help feed the corals, waiting for your fish to breed takes too long. Get some phytos or cryopaste to feed your corals would be much more practical.

Grandczar

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only problem i see there is that my ORA farms tank raised neon dottyback may acquire a taste for shrimp. If i add any now that he is established. I really love my cleaner and so far they have co-existed fine. I really dont want to jeopardise this. It would be a better/more efficient food source no doubt. Thnx you for your input.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: