JonG101

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So I am just getting started on my 1 week plan of getting my new tank up. I am moving up to a 144g Half circle from my 46 bow front. I was going to make a stand completely from scratch, but am now thinking of converting an antique desk which already matches my basement. The top of the desk it 1" thick and has about 6 supports on the outside. A friend of mine suggested just using 4 cinderblock columns for additional support, and i was thinking of building some gussets out of 2x4's. wanted to see if anyone had some suggestions. I have every part put aside for the tank so i really just want to get it up asap and this is the last hurdle.

JonG101

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
its about 10x more structurally sound than the stand made by oceanic, and i have no doubts that it will hold up with a little extra bracing, considering the oceanic stand is 4 2x4's and some mdf. The toughest part about my tank is the fact that its half circle. I dont have the money to shell out for a custom stand to be built right now.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: