• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I've had this 90g running for about a year or so with LPS and zoas, and recently started adding SPS corals. I've got two AI Hydras for lighting, two VorTech MP40wQDs for water movement (in addition to return pump from the sump) and a Lifereef skimmer (I love Lifereef skimmers - they are excellent).

Anyhow, the tank currently has no fish in it, and I've been trying to decide what to put in it. Back when the tank was LPS and zoas only, I was thinking of adding a russell's lion fish. But then as I recently added the SPS and upped the flow and brightened the lights, I'm thinking maybe a lion fish isn't the best idea... Unless a smaller lion like a Mombasa or a radiata might work?

Would the flow and light be too much for a dwarf lion? If so, I'd love to try one, along with a blue/indigo hamlet and a bristle tooth tang. Possibly a squirrelfish of some sort too... I just like the idea of trying less common fish than you'd typically see in a reef. Any other ideas? Or thoughts on whether the lion might work?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: