desertfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok just finished a search on baffling a sump. None of my questions got answered so here we go. First I'm goning to use a 20gal glass tank 24x12x16. I'm going to use a 14inch baffle on the first 10 inches of the tank with a 1.5 bulkhead placed so the water level stays around 12inchs in first compartment which I'll use as a refugium, it will be piped to the return section of the sump and I'll "T" the overflow line with a ballvalve so the flow to the refugium isn't that strong. Then the main return line off the "T" overflow line will empty into the next 6 inches of the tank where my AquaC Remora will hang and Mag3 pump will sit piped to the Remora. This section will be baffled off with a 9 inch baffle then a under baffle than a 9 inch over baffle into the return section. These baffles will be about 1.5 apart. I bought .25 inch plexie glass at HD, is this ok to use as baffles and do I just use aquarium silicone to hold them in place? Thanks for any replies and sorry for the long post.
David

bowfront

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should work ok. The 1/4 plexiglass is thick enough and silicon is definitely what you want to use to attach it to glass. My current sump is done like this. Cut the plexi to fit as closely as possible to the sides of the tank and use plenty of silicon to attach it. Let it cure for several days before using.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: